Community Cat Spay/Neuter Services (TNR):
Our Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program addresses the needs of community cats living on the streets of Minneapolis through spay/neuter. Our program aims to reduce the suffering and overpopulation of community cats in a safe and humane way, as well as reducing the euthanasia of “unadoptable” cats in local shelters. PPR’s TNR program played an integral part in our local shelter reaching a 90% save rate (as of 2020).
*To register as a Minneapolis cat colony caregiver, and assist PPR in our TNR efforts, please complete the application below (scroll to bottom of page). PPR’s funding limits us to assist with Minneapolis, Columbia Heights, Fridley and Robbinsdale community cat colonies only – if you live outside of these city limits you can get TNR support at no cost through AHS.
- The community cat colony must reside within Minneapolis, Columbia Heights, Fridley or Robbinsdale city limits.
- You will need to monitor and oversee the trapping in the colony you apply to TNR.
- You will need to transport community cats to the clinic for the colony you are applying to TNR.
- All Minneapolis TNR ordinance guidelines must be followed to be an approved colony.
- PPR will cover the spay/neuter costs, provides traps and training, & schedule s/n appts.
- For questions about our TNR program email PPR at Clinics@PetProjectRescue.com.
How can you help?
Apply to volunteer on our Trap-Neuter-Return team! We are looking for people with TNR experience to join our team!
Apply (below) to become a colony caregiver for community cats in your neighborhood.
Donate to support our TNR project, and stop the cycle of cats being born to the streets! The average cost for one community cat is $65 – covering spay/neuter, rabies vaccines, and microchip.